For this outing I also tried their wonton soup which takes them 20 minutes to prepare. This big bowl of near clear soup had six large pork wontons and was garnished with bok choy and strips of egg omelette. After the bold flavors of the pan-fried buns my initial reaction was that the wontons and the soup were really bland. But after I cleared my palate with some Tsingtao beer, I could appreciate the delicate, crisp flavors of the soup and wontons. The wontons were filled with a generous serving of pork, flavored with dried shrimp and vegetables. This is not a big flavor dish, but was quite enjoyable and would be really welcome on a cold day.
Dumpling Hunter Instagram
- Dumpling delight: Cult favorite Din Tai Fung lands in Las Vegas November 25, 2020
- Filling a niche: Chang’s Dumpling House serves up entrees hard to find in Santa Fa November 24, 2020
- Jimi Famurewa visits Dumpling Shack x Fen Noodles: ‘Some of the best contemporary Chinese food I have ever, ever had’ November 26, 2020
- Brooklyn Dumpling Shop to franchise its modern automat concept November 16, 2020
- This dumpling delivery service is making Thanksgiving potstickers November 16, 2020