For this outing I also tried their wonton soup which takes them 20 minutes to prepare. This big bowl of near clear soup had six large pork wontons and was garnished with bok choy and strips of egg omelette. After the bold flavors of the pan-fried buns my initial reaction was that the wontons and the soup were really bland. But after I cleared my palate with some Tsingtao beer, I could appreciate the delicate, crisp flavors of the soup and wontons. The wontons were filled with a generous serving of pork, flavored with dried shrimp and vegetables. This is not a big flavor dish, but was quite enjoyable and would be really welcome on a cold day.
Dumpling Hunter InstagramSteamed pork bun from Bunn on 32nd street. .Pork and shrimp pan fried dumplings and head on salt and pepper baked shrimp at XO Kitchen, NYC. .Picked up some frozen veggie buns at HMart. .Vegan bao and dumplings at Unit Su Veg. Kung Pao Chicken buns, crystal shrimp dumplings and water cress dumplings. First time trying the water cress dumplings and they were excellent.
- Keep vegetarian dumplings in your freezer for a meal in a pinch September 25, 2021
- World Dumpling Day: 6 delicious dumplings in Cebu September 25, 2021
- Lakers ink $100 million partnership with Korean dumpling brand Bibigo September 21, 2021
- These vegetarian dumplings show just how good canned mushrooms can be September 22, 2021
- Gyoza dumpling vending machines boost business for Japanese firm hit by pandemic September 22, 2021