I tried the recently published NY Times recipe for Tofu and Spinach Wontons in Broth with a few changes to the broth. Follow the NY Times recipe for the wontons, which produces some really good dumplings and then use this recipe for a vegan Pho broth.
- 3 Bao Long brand Sup Chay bouillon cubes (see Here).
- 1/4 of a sweet onion.
- 2 heads of bok choy heads.
- 1,500 ml of water.
- Bring the water to a boil and then dissolve the bouillon cubes in the water.
- Sliver the onions and add to the stock.
- Cut off the base of the bok choy, separate the individual stems and clean them.
- Add the dumplings to the boiling stock and bring the stock back to a boil.
- Add the bok choy to the stock and cook for another minute.
- Serve the stock in a bowl with 3 or 4 dumplings and some bok choy leaves.