I previously reviewed HMart’s Kimchi Big Gyoza Dumplings frozen dumplings aka Hansang Kimchi Gyoza and gave them five stars – they are delicious. I recently tried another of the Big Gyoza Dumpling line of products, the Vegetable version. Unlike the Kimchi ones, these are vegan and contain tofu, leak, cabbage, onion, vermicelli, spring onion, and garlic. I am giving these dumplings 3 out of 5 stars because, while the Kimchi ones had a big bold, complex flavor, the vegetable ones were good but had a much milder flavor. There was a distinct sweet onion flavor over a savory umami background taste, but the flavor was really one note. I tried these with Master Brand Hot Dumpling Sauce, which was not spicy at all and significantly sweeter than I like. I prefer a stronger shot of rice vinegar tartness in my dumpling dipping sauce than Master Brand sauce delivers.
Dumpling Hunter InstagramSteamed pork bun from Bunn on 32nd street. .Pork and shrimp pan fried dumplings and head on salt and pepper baked shrimp at XO Kitchen, NYC. .Picked up some frozen veggie buns at HMart. .Vegan bao and dumplings at Unit Su Veg. Kung Pao Chicken buns, crystal shrimp dumplings and water cress dumplings. First time trying the water cress dumplings and they were excellent.
- Keep vegetarian dumplings in your freezer for a meal in a pinch September 25, 2021
- World Dumpling Day: 6 delicious dumplings in Cebu September 25, 2021
- Lakers ink $100 million partnership with Korean dumpling brand Bibigo September 21, 2021
- These vegetarian dumplings show just how good canned mushrooms can be September 22, 2021
- Gyoza dumpling vending machines boost business for Japanese firm hit by pandemic September 22, 2021