I previously reviewed HMart’s Kimchi Big Gyoza Dumplings frozen dumplings aka Hansang Kimchi Gyoza and gave them five stars – they are delicious. I recently tried another of the Big Gyoza Dumpling line of products, the Vegetable version. Unlike the Kimchi ones, these are vegan and contain tofu, leak, cabbage, onion, vermicelli, spring onion, and garlic. I am giving these dumplings 3 out of 5 stars because, while the Kimchi ones had a big bold, complex flavor, the vegetable ones were good but had a much milder flavor. There was a distinct sweet onion flavor over a savory umami background taste, but the flavor was really one note. I tried these with Master Brand Hot Dumpling Sauce, which was not spicy at all and significantly sweeter than I like. I prefer a stronger shot of rice vinegar tartness in my dumpling dipping sauce than Master Brand sauce delivers.
Dumpling Hunter Instagram
- The taste of Tobago in just one dish July 3, 2022
- Gourmet Dumpling House set to close in Chinatown at end of June June 27, 2022
- A Requiem For Boston’s Gourmet Dumpling House June 29, 2022
- How the Dumpling Dudez are giving back during Pride Month June 30, 2022
- ‘A meal that possibly saved my life’: 10 memories of Gourmet Dumpling House June 30, 2022