I previously reviewed HMart’s Kimchi Big Gyoza Dumplings frozen dumplings aka Hansang Kimchi Gyoza and gave them five stars – they are delicious. I recently tried another of the Big Gyoza Dumpling line of products, the Vegetable version. Unlike the Kimchi ones, these are vegan and contain tofu, leak, cabbage, onion, vermicelli, spring onion, and garlic. I am giving these dumplings 3 out of 5 stars because, while the Kimchi ones had a big bold, complex flavor, the vegetable ones were good but had a much milder flavor. There was a distinct sweet onion flavor over a savory umami background taste, but the flavor was really one note. I tried these with Master Brand Hot Dumpling Sauce, which was not spicy at all and significantly sweeter than I like. I prefer a stronger shot of rice vinegar tartness in my dumpling dipping sauce than Master Brand sauce delivers.
Dumpling Hunter Instagram
- Dumpling Is The New Ethical Alternative To Grocery Delivery App Instacart June 30, 2020
- Dumpling Daughter returns to Cambridge, a Revival in the Back Bay, and more July 9, 2020
- Stadium Businesses Clobbered By Lack Of Traffic Look To Landlords For Mercy July 9, 2020
- Popular Dumpling Lady sites closed for now after worker tests positive for COVID-19 | Charlotte Observer June 29, 2020
- Sarah's Dumps shifts from pop-ups with over 1,000 weekly dumpling deliveries July 3, 2020