I have been meaning to try making Connoisseurus Veg’s Vegan Shiitake Wonton Soup recipe for a while now and finally found time to try it this weekend. The recipe calls for filling the wontons with raw diced shiitake, ginger, garlic and scallion, but I find that putting raw ginger into a dumpling filling can create a harsh flavor. So I sauteed the ginger and garlic in canola oil, let it cool for a while and then mixed in the diced mushroom and scallions so they were coated with the ginger and garlic. The broth is very straight forward to make but the ginger flavor was too intense for me, I would recommend using half of the ginger the recipe calls for and doubling the rice vinegar. One key trick for this recipe is to bring the broth to boil so the flavors come together and then turn the burner down so the broth comes to a simmer before you add the wontons; a vigorously boiling broth will cause the wontons to break apart.
Dumpling Hunter Instagram
- It’s rice dumpling season again – here’s a list of where to get the best in Singapore May 23, 2022
- Teacher goes viral for adorable ‘dumpling song’ she sings with her students May 19, 2022
- Music teacher shares adorable ‘dumpling song’ she grew up singing in Taiwan in viral TikTok video May 11, 2022
- Dumpling Making Machine Market Size 2022 Growth Prospects, Top Key Players, Share, SWOT Analysis, CAGR Status, Dynamics and Forecast to 2028 May 20, 2022
- I Tried the Dewy Dumpling Lip Technique That's All Over Instagram May 19, 2022