I have been meaning to try making Connoisseurus Veg’s Vegan Shiitake Wonton Soup recipe for a while now and finally found time to try it this weekend. The recipe calls for filling the wontons with raw diced shiitake, ginger, garlic and scallion, but I find that putting raw ginger into a dumpling filling can create a harsh flavor. So I sauteed the ginger and garlic in canola oil, let it cool for a while and then mixed in the diced mushroom and scallions so they were coated with the ginger and garlic. The broth is very straight forward to make but the ginger flavor was too intense for me, I would recommend using half of the ginger the recipe calls for and doubling the rice vinegar. One key trick for this recipe is to bring the broth to boil so the flavors come together and then turn the burner down so the broth comes to a simmer before you add the wontons; a vigorously boiling broth will cause the wontons to break apart.
Dumpling Hunter InstagramPotato and spinach pierogi served fried in butter and served fried with onions. Plates by Dumpling Hunter.High end looking design for the packaging but none of the promised “Hot and Spicy” flavor. .3 and 5-year aged soy sauce from Korea. Makes an elevated dumpling dipping sauce. .So sad Kajitsu plans to close in 2022 but happy to have the cook book. .
- Steam, Boil, Fry: The Many Ways to Cook a Dumpling, Explained April 11, 2021
- How to Fold Dumplings, For Novices and Experts April 10, 2021
- Brooklyn Dumpling Shop Signs Eight-Unit Franchise Deal for New Jersey March 31, 2021
- Dining out in Dumpling Inn April 5, 2021
- Watch: YouTuber visits Shady Maple, two other local eateries; here's what he thought April 9, 2021