I ran across Nitemrkt’s dumping-tastic rap video “Bag the Bao” on Eater. Nitemrkt raps in Mandarin, Cantonese and English and the video, features crave inducing imagery of sheng jian bao, barbecue pork buns, soup dumplings, Sesame balls and stuffed breads. Eater explains that Nitemrkt uses bao “as both imagery and metaphor for staying on the grind, accumulating wealth, moving on up in the world”. Nitemrkt says the song is a tribute to confidence and culture. “It’s a twist on the idea of ‘secure the bag’ or ‘get the bag,’ updated for a 2019 global Asian audience”. The rap is pretty catchy but the video takes it to 11.
Dumpling Hunter Instagram
- Teacher goes viral for adorable ‘dumpling song’ she sings with her students May 19, 2022
- Ikea is releasing rice dumplings for Dragon Boat Festival May 23, 2022
- Music teacher shares adorable ‘dumpling song’ she grew up singing in Taiwan in viral TikTok video May 11, 2022
- Dumpling Making Machine Market Size 2022 Growth Prospects, Top Key Players, Share, SWOT Analysis, CAGR Status, Dynamics and Forecast to 2028 May 20, 2022
- Teacher sings Chinese ‘dumpling song’ with her preschool students in adorable TikTok: ‘The cutest thing I’ve ever seen’ May 9, 2022