I ran across Nitemrkt’s dumping-tastic rap video “Bag the Bao” on Eater. Nitemrkt raps in Mandarin, Cantonese and English and the video, features crave inducing imagery of sheng jian bao, barbecue pork buns, soup dumplings, Sesame balls and stuffed breads. Eater explains that Nitemrkt uses bao “as both imagery and metaphor for staying on the grind, accumulating wealth, moving on up in the world”. Nitemrkt says the song is a tribute to confidence and culture. “It’s a twist on the idea of ‘secure the bag’ or ‘get the bag,’ updated for a 2019 global Asian audience”. The rap is pretty catchy but the video takes it to 11.
Dumpling Hunter InstagramNot dumplings. . #cats #kittens #notdumplings #athomePrepping at Dumpling Hunter central completed with these last items. . . #gin #plymouthgin #campari #pickledonions #notdumplings #haywardsVeggie samosa from India Palace, Northampton MA. Are samosa dumplings? Discuss. . . Ceramic plate by Dumpling Hunter. . . #dumplings #samosa #veggiesamosa #indianfood #ceramics #pottery @ceramics_monthly @ceramicsmagazineWTF Trader Joe’s Philly Cheese Steak Bao? What kind of Frankenfood is this?. . . #dumplings #bao #phillycheesesteak #phillycheesesteaks #frankenfood @traderjoes #traderjoes #fusionfood
- Jimin's Story About His & V's Dumpling Argument Is Peak Sibling Behavior March 26, 2020
- New Chicago Chinese spot Mr. Dumpling opens its doors March 21, 2020
- Norfolk’s World Dumpling Championships to take place online – and you can join in March 26, 2020
- Why Frozen Dumpling Shop Steamies Opened During the Coronavirus Crisis March 26, 2020
- Colorado Springs chefs whip up some winning dishes at Taste of Pikes Peak March 25, 2020