I ran across Nitemrkt’s dumping-tastic rap video “Bag the Bao” on Eater. Nitemrkt raps in Mandarin, Cantonese and English and the video, features crave inducing imagery of sheng jian bao, barbecue pork buns, soup dumplings, Sesame balls and stuffed breads. Eater explains that Nitemrkt uses bao “as both imagery and metaphor for staying on the grind, accumulating wealth, moving on up in the world”. Nitemrkt says the song is a tribute to confidence and culture. “It’s a twist on the idea of ‘secure the bag’ or ‘get the bag,’ updated for a 2019 global Asian audience”. The rap is pretty catchy but the video takes it to 11.
Dumpling Hunter Instagram
- English Nursery Rhymes: Kids Video Song in English 'Diddle-Diddle Dumpling' July 13, 2020
- Dumpling Daughter returns to Cambridge, a Revival in the Back Bay, and more July 9, 2020
- Dumpling vs Wonton: What Is the Difference? July 9, 2020
- Sarah's Dumps shifts from pop-ups with over 1,000 weekly dumpling deliveries July 3, 2020
- Food critic Tan Vinh ate 1,000 frozen dumplings from Seattle-area restaurants. Here are his top 10. July 2, 2020