I ran across Nitemrkt’s dumping-tastic rap video “Bag the Bao” on Eater. Nitemrkt raps in Mandarin, Cantonese and English and the video, features crave inducing imagery of sheng jian bao, barbecue pork buns, soup dumplings, Sesame balls and stuffed breads. Eater explains that Nitemrkt uses bao “as both imagery and metaphor for staying on the grind, accumulating wealth, moving on up in the world”. Nitemrkt says the song is a tribute to confidence and culture. “It’s a twist on the idea of ‘secure the bag’ or ‘get the bag,’ updated for a 2019 global Asian audience”. The rap is pretty catchy but the video takes it to 11.
Dumpling Hunter Instagram
- Dumpling is a new alternative for Uber and Lyft drivers September 20, 2020
- Two dudes who love dumplings — and each other — open new Houston dumpling-making biz September 22, 2020
- 7 Of The Most Drool-Worthy Dumpling Places In Calgary To Stuff Your Face On Cold Days September 29, 2020
- 9 kitchens come together for National Dumpling Day — and North Philly Peace Park September 23, 2020
- Recipe of the Week: Homemade pierogi that you can make now, freeze for later September 30, 2020