I ran across Nitemrkt’s dumping-tastic rap video “Bag the Bao” on Eater. Nitemrkt raps in Mandarin, Cantonese and English and the video, features crave inducing imagery of sheng jian bao, barbecue pork buns, soup dumplings, Sesame balls and stuffed breads. Eater explains that Nitemrkt uses bao “as both imagery and metaphor for staying on the grind, accumulating wealth, moving on up in the world”. Nitemrkt says the song is a tribute to confidence and culture. “It’s a twist on the idea of ‘secure the bag’ or ‘get the bag,’ updated for a 2019 global Asian audience”. The rap is pretty catchy but the video takes it to 11.
Dumpling Hunter Instagram
- Where to find Houston's best soup dumplings February 2, 2023
- Frozen Dumpling Market to Grow Significantly by Leading Players 2023 to 2029 January 31, 2023
- Bellevue's viral frozen dumpling brand raises $21M February 1, 2023
- Take a peek inside James Beard Award-winner Irene Li's new dumpling factory and cafe January 26, 2023
- Alexander Wong denies killing dumpling bar owner Yoke Onn ‘Vincent’ Chi February 1, 2023