PhillyMag.com has published a round-up of Philadelphia restaurants serving Manti, the small dumplings found in found in Turkish, Armenian, Uzbek, and other Middle Eastern and central Asian cuisines. Apparently Middle-Eastern cuisine is ascendant as a food trend in Philadelphia and manti in many forms are being embraced. Manti are usually served with a variety of sauces and garnishes including yogurt, spiced tomato sauce or infused oil, browned butter, a sprinkle of fresh mint or tangy sumac. Last year I hit Efes Mediterranean Grill in New Brunswick for their enjoyable spinach mandi which are served with a mild garlic yogurt sauce and melted butter seasoned with red pepper. Wikipedia has an extensive discussion on the many forms of manti, their origins and possible links to Korean mandu, Chinese mantou, and Japanese manjū.
Dumpling Hunter InstagramPork and kimchi ciao long bao, pork xiao long bao and steamed veggie dumplings at La Salle Dumpling Room. . . . #dumplings #soupdumplings #xiaolongbao #kimchi #porkxiaolongbao #upperwestside #shanghainesefood #porksoupdumplings @lasalledumplingroomPan fried pork dumplings and steamed Super V. . . . #dumplings #porkdumplings #vegandumplings #chinesefood #eastvillage @mimichengs #mimichengsFried vegan wontons Hawaiian style at WontonTiva at Bryant Park. . . #dumplings #wontons #vegan #veganwontons #bryantpark #friedwonton #vegetarian @wontontivaMeat Pierogi at Bryant Park with mushroom gravy. . . . #dumplings #pierogi #bryantpark #eatpierogi #meatpierogi
- What Is a Dumpling? Here Are 6 Interpretations in San Francisco to Try November 14, 2019
- Soup dumpling specialists Din Tai Fung to open a location in Las Vegas November 11, 2019
- 4 top options for affordable Chinese fare in Albuquerque November 14, 2019
- Winter Treat: This Beetroot Coconut Dumpling Is A Real Game Changer! (Recipe Inside) November 14, 2019
- Zouji Dumpling House opens in Glen Cove November 6, 2019