PhillyMag.com has published a round-up of Philadelphia restaurants serving Manti, the small dumplings found in found in Turkish, Armenian, Uzbek, and other Middle Eastern and central Asian cuisines. Apparently Middle-Eastern cuisine is ascendant as a food trend in Philadelphia and manti in many forms are being embraced. Manti are usually served with a variety of sauces and garnishes including yogurt, spiced tomato sauce or infused oil, browned butter, a sprinkle of fresh mint or tangy sumac. Last year I hit Efes Mediterranean Grill in New Brunswick for their enjoyable spinach mandi which are served with a mild garlic yogurt sauce and melted butter seasoned with red pepper. Wikipedia has an extensive discussion on the many forms of manti, their origins and possible links to Korean mandu, Chinese mantou, and Japanese manjū.
Dumpling Hunter InstagramPork wontons in chili oil at Dim Sum House by Jane G.Deep fried Golden Pouches filled with crab and shrimp on sweet chili sauce and portobello and leek dumplings over house balsamic vinaigrette over crispy Romaine lettuce at Corey’s Crafty Vietnamese. .Steamed pork dumplings at Koreana Rittenhouse Square. .Dirty rice shumai at Unit Su Vege. .
- Where to find sheng jian bao, the best of all dumplings November 21, 2022
- Dumpling Food Machinery Market: Global Industry Trends and Opportunities, Demand, Observational Studies by Top Companies, And Forecast To 2029 November 17, 2022
- Dumpling Food Machinery Market Share 2023 Regional Development, Major Manufacturers, Emerging Trends, Growth Opportunities and Forecast to 2029 November 15, 2022
- Sunday: Young Mother dumpling pop-up and "The Big Brunch" viewing party November 23, 2022
- ‘Soup dumpling’ Scarlett Johansson, ‘baby face’ Selena Gomez: Chinese netizens coin bizarre names for Hollywood celebrities November 14, 2022