PhillyMag.com has published a round-up of Philadelphia restaurants serving Manti, the small dumplings found in found in Turkish, Armenian, Uzbek, and other Middle Eastern and central Asian cuisines. Apparently Middle-Eastern cuisine is ascendant as a food trend in Philadelphia and manti in many forms are being embraced. Manti are usually served with a variety of sauces and garnishes including yogurt, spiced tomato sauce or infused oil, browned butter, a sprinkle of fresh mint or tangy sumac. Last year I hit Efes Mediterranean Grill in New Brunswick for their enjoyable spinach mandi which are served with a mild garlic yogurt sauce and melted butter seasoned with red pepper. Wikipedia has an extensive discussion on the many forms of manti, their origins and possible links to Korean mandu, Chinese mantou, and Japanese manjū.
Dumpling Hunter Instagram
Bing Dumpling News
- Dumpling outlet swaps surviving for thriving March 20, 2023
- Saturday Dumpling Co debuts new dumpling in Minneapolis March 18, 2023
- Things To Do March 20, 2023
- 4 fantastic Chinese and Taiwanese restaurants in the Bay Area, 2023 March 20, 2023
- World-Famous Dumpling Star Din Tai Fung to Open in Santa Monica Soon March 8, 2023