Theodore Twardzik founded Mrs. T’s Pierogies in 1952 in Shenandoah, PA, using his mother’s family recipe. The company has it origins in Mrs. Mary Twardizik’s small business selling homemade pierogies at church fairs. Her son, Theodore, saw the long lines waiting for his mother’s dumplings and realized he could build a business around her recipe. He built Mrs. T’s Pierogies into the first frozen pierogy (Mrs. T’s spells pierogi with a “y”) brand available in American supermarkets. When the business outgrew the original staff of five women making pierogies in his mother’s kitchen, Theodore invented machines to make pierogies. Today Mrs. T’s sells 13 varieties of large pierogies and four varieties of mini-pierogies and is run by Mary Twardzik’s grandson.
Dumpling Hunter Instagram
- Dumpling Is The New Ethical Alternative To Grocery Delivery App Instacart June 30, 2020
- Dumpling Daughter returns to Cambridge, a Revival in the Back Bay, and more July 9, 2020
- Stadium Businesses Clobbered By Lack Of Traffic Look To Landlords For Mercy July 9, 2020
- Popular Dumpling Lady sites closed for now after worker tests positive for COVID-19 | Charlotte Observer June 29, 2020
- Sarah's Dumps shifts from pop-ups with over 1,000 weekly dumpling deliveries July 3, 2020