Theodore Twardzik founded Mrs. T’s Pierogies in 1952 in Shenandoah, PA, using his mother’s family recipe. The company has it origins in Mrs. Mary Twardizik’s small business selling homemade pierogies at church fairs. Her son, Theodore, saw the long lines waiting for his mother’s dumplings and realized he could build a business around her recipe. He built Mrs. T’s Pierogies into the first frozen pierogy (Mrs. T’s spells pierogi with a “y”) brand available in American supermarkets. When the business outgrew the original staff of five women making pierogies in his mother’s kitchen, Theodore invented machines to make pierogies. Today Mrs. T’s sells 13 varieties of large pierogies and four varieties of mini-pierogies and is run by Mary Twardzik’s grandson.
Dumpling Hunter InstagramPotato and spinach pierogi served fried in butter and served fried with onions. Plates by Dumpling Hunter.High end looking design for the packaging but none of the promised “Hot and Spicy” flavor. .3 and 5-year aged soy sauce from Korea. Makes an elevated dumpling dipping sauce. .So sad Kajitsu plans to close in 2022 but happy to have the cook book. .
- Steam, Boil, Fry: The Many Ways to Cook a Dumpling, Explained April 11, 2021
- How to Fold Dumplings, For Novices and Experts April 10, 2021
- Brooklyn Dumpling Shop Signs Eight-Unit Franchise Deal for New Jersey March 31, 2021
- Dining out in Dumpling Inn April 5, 2021
- Watch: YouTuber visits Shady Maple, two other local eateries; here's what he thought April 9, 2021