Theodore Twardzik founded Mrs. T’s Pierogies in 1952 in Shenandoah, PA, using his mother’s family recipe. The company has it origins in Mrs. Mary Twardizik’s small business selling homemade pierogies at church fairs. Her son, Theodore, saw the long lines waiting for his mother’s dumplings and realized he could build a business around her recipe. He built Mrs. T’s Pierogies into the first frozen pierogy (Mrs. T’s spells pierogi with a “y”) brand available in American supermarkets. When the business outgrew the original staff of five women making pierogies in his mother’s kitchen, Theodore invented machines to make pierogies. Today Mrs. T’s sells 13 varieties of large pierogies and four varieties of mini-pierogies and is run by Mary Twardzik’s grandson.
Dumpling Hunter Instagram
- Why dumplings are the medicine we need during a pandemic October 26, 2020
- Trevor Moran’s Dumpling Den and Fluffy, Icy Kakigori Destination Locust Arrives at Last October 26, 2020
- Phat Dumpling pop-ups offer fresh, juicy dumplings to order and prepare at home October 23, 2020
- In trying times, homemade dumplings are like a warm hug October 19, 2020
- Travel to Hong Kong with chef May Chow’s dumpling recipe October 22, 2020