Theodore Twardzik founded Mrs. T’s Pierogies in 1952 in Shenandoah, PA, using his mother’s family recipe. The company has it origins in Mrs. Mary Twardizik’s small business selling homemade pierogies at church fairs. Her son, Theodore, saw the long lines waiting for his mother’s dumplings and realized he could build a business around her recipe. He built Mrs. T’s Pierogies into the first frozen pierogy (Mrs. T’s spells pierogi with a “y”) brand available in American supermarkets. When the business outgrew the original staff of five women making pierogies in his mother’s kitchen, Theodore invented machines to make pierogies. Today Mrs. T’s sells 13 varieties of large pierogies and four varieties of mini-pierogies and is run by Mary Twardzik’s grandson.
Dumpling Hunter Instagram
- My Freezer Is Stocked With These Tasty Soup Dumplings 24/7 July 24, 2021
- Chinese home cooking comes to Redondo July 29, 2021
- Athletes Share Inside Look at Dining Halls and Food in the Olympic Village July 29, 2021
- Bela Padilla denies rumor about getting married and leaving showbiz July 29, 2021
- New Dumpling Restaurant Coming To Cupertino July 16, 2021