Theodore Twardzik founded Mrs. T’s Pierogies in 1952 in Shenandoah, PA, using his mother’s family recipe. The company has it origins in Mrs. Mary Twardizik’s small business selling homemade pierogies at church fairs. Her son, Theodore, saw the long lines waiting for his mother’s dumplings and realized he could build a business around her recipe. He built Mrs. T’s Pierogies into the first frozen pierogy (Mrs. T’s spells pierogi with a “y”) brand available in American supermarkets. When the business outgrew the original staff of five women making pierogies in his mother’s kitchen, Theodore invented machines to make pierogies. Today Mrs. T’s sells 13 varieties of large pierogies and four varieties of mini-pierogies and is run by Mary Twardzik’s grandson.
Dumpling Hunter Instagram
- Where to find Houston's best soup dumplings February 2, 2023
- Frozen Dumpling Market to Grow Significantly by Leading Players 2023 to 2029 January 31, 2023
- Bellevue's viral frozen dumpling brand raises $21M February 1, 2023
- Take a peek inside James Beard Award-winner Irene Li's new dumpling factory and cafe January 26, 2023
- Alexander Wong denies killing dumpling bar owner Yoke Onn ‘Vincent’ Chi February 1, 2023