There is a great article (here) in the Kansas City Star magazine about Mr. Hok Kun Ng who used to run Bo Ling’s restaurant in Kansas City. The article is about his life and his process for making dumplings at home. His home made dumplings take two days to make and are filled with “ginger (“Clean taste and good for digestion”), onions (“I like onions in everything”), scallions (“Good for flavor and color”), wood ear mushrooms, shiitake mushrooms, dried scallops reconstituted with boiling water, celery, green cabbage, bok choy, cilantro, pork and shrimp.”
Dumpling Hunter InstagramPotato and spinach pierogi served fried in butter and served fried with onions. Plates by Dumpling Hunter.High end looking design for the packaging but none of the promised “Hot and Spicy” flavor. .3 and 5-year aged soy sauce from Korea. Makes an elevated dumpling dipping sauce. .So sad Kajitsu plans to close in 2022 but happy to have the cook book. .
- Steam, Boil, Fry: The Many Ways to Cook a Dumpling, Explained April 11, 2021
- How to Fold Dumplings, For Novices and Experts April 10, 2021
- Brooklyn Dumpling Shop Signs Eight-Unit Franchise Deal for New Jersey March 31, 2021
- Dining out in Dumpling Inn April 5, 2021
- Watch: YouTuber visits Shady Maple, two other local eateries; here's what he thought April 9, 2021