We at Dumpling Hunter are big fans of the Great British Baking Show and are psyched that season 10 is streaming on NetFlix. Although they are only releasing one show a week, so it is not yet binge-able. Because The Google knows about my fandom, an article from the Daily Mail popped up on my news feed about a Baking Show alumni reunion that took place at Din Tai Fung’s Covent Garden location. Apparently contestants from multiple seasons gathered at the restaurant for a meal of Xiao Long Bao and took dumpling making lessons with the restaurant’s chefs. Video from the event is HERE and you can see that some of the bakers are more successful at making dumplings than others.
Dumpling Hunter InstagramNoodles with peanut sesame sauce, scallions and cucumber. Used the NYTimes recipe.Wontons and Gyoza filled with pea shoots, vegan shrimp and water chestnuts. The wontons were served with sesame and white pepper sauce from Mom’s brand dry noodles.Veggie dumplings and chive and egg filled pancakes at BAI WEI in Philadelphia.Tofu and veg dumplings with wrappers colored with spinach juice. Plate by Dumpling Hunter. .
- Dumpling Week will return for 2022: Here’s how to participate January 25, 2022
- 🌱Food Donation Truck Stolen + Thieves Take Urn + Dumpling Week! January 26, 2022
- More than 30 restaurants join Dumpling Week 2022 January 24, 2022
- Frozen Dumpling Market Size 2022| Booming Now, Future Trend, Exponentially Growing CAGR, Leading Players and Forecast 2029 January 20, 2022
- Dumplings are cold-weather comfort: Here are eight local favorites. January 19, 2022