GrubStreet is reporting that two of DumplingHunter’s favorite izakaya, Sake Bar Hagi and Iroha both housed in the same building on 49th street, are closing this coming weekend. The review of Hagi is here and the review of Iroha is here. I loved the house made pork gyoza at Hagi, as well as their broiled, dried skate wing. These two places produced some of the best food in the Times Square area; in my view, if you had to do afterwork drinks with colleagues or a business meet-up near Times Square (no other reason to be in Times Square) these were the go-to places. After about 5:30 at night Hagi always had a line out the door, I imagine for the remaining few days of business the line will be crazy. Thankfully there is a sister Saki Bar Hagi on 46th street in Hell’s Kitchen.
Dumpling Hunter InstagramPork wontons made with OmniFoods plant based pork. Half the wontons went into soup and half were served with a sesame peanut sauce. ..Because we don’t always eat dumplings: fermented tofu side dish and desert course at Kajitsu. .Underwhelmed by dumplings at Dim Sum by Jane G. Wontons in chili Oreo, pan fried pork soup buns, steamed veggie dumplings, and pork and shrimp shumai..Rice Cake and mandoo soup. .
- Atlanta Is Getting Its First 24-Hour Automat Dispensing Dumplings October 22, 2021
- Brooklyn Dumpling Shop continues rapid Southern expansion with its first franchise deal in Atlanta October 22, 2021
- Brooklyn Dumpling Shop Signs Agreement to Open Stores in Atlanta October 22, 2021
- Brooklyn Dumpling Shop Announces Multi-Unit Franchise Deal for Atlanta October 22, 2021
- Dumpling's Mr Traffic conducts itself all the way to the first ever Big Hypercasual Pitch crown October 21, 2021