GrubStreet is reporting that two of DumplingHunter’s favorite izakaya, Sake Bar Hagi and Iroha both housed in the same building on 49th street, are closing this coming weekend. The review of Hagi is here and the review of Iroha is here. I loved the house made pork gyoza at Hagi, as well as their broiled, dried skate wing. These two places produced some of the best food in the Times Square area; in my view, if you had to do afterwork drinks with colleagues or a business meet-up near Times Square (no other reason to be in Times Square) these were the go-to places. After about 5:30 at night Hagi always had a line out the door, I imagine for the remaining few days of business the line will be crazy. Thankfully there is a sister Saki Bar Hagi on 46th street in Hell’s Kitchen.
Dumpling Hunter Instagram
- 32 Creative Dumpling Recipes to Make On National Dumpling Day September 26, 2022
- What is a dumpling? It's more complicated than you think September 19, 2022
- Dr Harry helps blind Dumpling the rescue dog September 30, 2022
- Dumpling Food Machinery Market Size, Trends and Forecast 2029 with Top Countries Data | 126 Report Pages September 28, 2022
- High school student wows with her culinary skills at Colorado Springs restaurant September 29, 2022