GrubStreet is reporting that two of DumplingHunter’s favorite izakaya, Sake Bar Hagi and Iroha both housed in the same building on 49th street, are closing this coming weekend. The review of Hagi is here and the review of Iroha is here. I loved the house made pork gyoza at Hagi, as well as their broiled, dried skate wing. These two places produced some of the best food in the Times Square area; in my view, if you had to do afterwork drinks with colleagues or a business meet-up near Times Square (no other reason to be in Times Square) these were the go-to places. After about 5:30 at night Hagi always had a line out the door, I imagine for the remaining few days of business the line will be crazy. Thankfully there is a sister Saki Bar Hagi on 46th street in Hell’s Kitchen.
Dumpling Hunter Instagram
- My Freezer Is Stocked With These Tasty Soup Dumplings 24/7 July 24, 2021
- Chinese home cooking comes to Redondo July 29, 2021
- Athletes Share Inside Look at Dining Halls and Food in the Olympic Village July 29, 2021
- Bela Padilla denies rumor about getting married and leaving showbiz July 29, 2021
- New Dumpling Restaurant Coming To Cupertino July 16, 2021