GrubStreet is reporting that two of DumplingHunter’s favorite izakaya, Sake Bar Hagi and Iroha both housed in the same building on 49th street, are closing this coming weekend. The review of Hagi is here and the review of Iroha is here. I loved the house made pork gyoza at Hagi, as well as their broiled, dried skate wing. These two places produced some of the best food in the Times Square area; in my view, if you had to do afterwork drinks with colleagues or a business meet-up near Times Square (no other reason to be in Times Square) these were the go-to places. After about 5:30 at night Hagi always had a line out the door, I imagine for the remaining few days of business the line will be crazy. Thankfully there is a sister Saki Bar Hagi on 46th street in Hell’s Kitchen.
Dumpling Hunter Instagram
- Anita Lo Teaches a Dumpling Class for Lunar New Year January 25, 2021
- Ugly dumplings and mangled Chinese from a dim sum chef on YouTube – what gives, Epicurious? January 21, 2021
- Popular dumpling chain Din Tai Fung collapse after 'wage theft' scandal and Covid crisis January 21, 2021
- A Freaking Dumpling Is A New Charity Initiative Supporting Feeding Hong Kong January 18, 2021
- Sorry dumpling lovers, coronavirus has claimed Din Tai Fung January 21, 2021