The folks at Quartz posted a great article and video about an expat, Siyi Chen, from Shanghai hunting for Xiao Long Bao in NYC. Chen hit eight dumplings houses with highly rated online reviews – Joe’s Shanghai, Taste of Shanghai, Nan Xiang Dumpling House, Yaso Tangbao, 21 Shanghai House, Yu Garden Dumpling House, Shanghai Asian House, and The Bao – with The Bao getting the top review in Chen’s tour. I also really enjoyed The Bao, although I think the Pork and Kimchi soup dumpling at La Salle Dumpling Room is my new favorite. I recently tried to introduce a friend to the wonders of soup dumplings and took him to Oriental Flavor in Amherst MA where I had been served some really good dumplings on prior visits. Unfortunately this time the dumplings were a complete fail, so over steamed that the wrappers were ruptured and disintegrating in the steamer.
Dumpling Hunter Instagram
- What is a dumpling? The answer is more complicated than you may think September 19, 2022
- Queen's memorial day sparks week-long dumpling celebration September 22, 2022
- Lauren Boebert mocked for hilarious ‘wonton killings” speech blunder: ‘Careful where you dumpling the bodies’ September 14, 2022
- These Easy Dumpling Moulds Will Wipe Hours off Your Prep Time September 12, 2022
- Austin Uzbek restaurant serves divine dumplings September 23, 2022