The folks at Quartz posted a great article and video about an expat, Siyi Chen, from Shanghai hunting for Xiao Long Bao in NYC. Chen hit eight dumplings houses with highly rated online reviews – Joe’s Shanghai, Taste of Shanghai, Nan Xiang Dumpling House, Yaso Tangbao, 21 Shanghai House, Yu Garden Dumpling House, Shanghai Asian House, and The Bao – with The Bao getting the top review in Chen’s tour. I also really enjoyed The Bao, although I think the Pork and Kimchi soup dumpling at La Salle Dumpling Room is my new favorite. I recently tried to introduce a friend to the wonders of soup dumplings and took him to Oriental Flavor in Amherst MA where I had been served some really good dumplings on prior visits. Unfortunately this time the dumplings were a complete fail, so over steamed that the wrappers were ruptured and disintegrating in the steamer.
Dumpling Hunter Instagram
- My Freezer Is Stocked With These Tasty Soup Dumplings 24/7 July 24, 2021
- Chinese home cooking comes to Redondo July 29, 2021
- Athletes Share Inside Look at Dining Halls and Food in the Olympic Village July 29, 2021
- Bela Padilla denies rumor about getting married and leaving showbiz July 29, 2021
- New Dumpling Restaurant Coming To Cupertino July 16, 2021