There has been FDA recall of P.F. Chang’s frozen Home Menu brand Pork and Leek Dumplings due to “the possible presence of undeclared allergens, crustacean shellfish (shrimp) and fish (pollock)”. Its not clear if this is a cross-contamination issue or if P.F. Chang’s is slipping shrimp and pollock into their dumplings so they can scrimp on the pork. The presence of the shellfish in the dumplings is only a food safety concern for people who are allergic to crustaceans. The recall doesn’t affect the dine-in food at the restaurants, only the frozen dumplings in the supermarket. As many of my readers know I begrudgingly don’t dislike the dumplings at P.F. Chang’s, and under some very limited circumstances even recommend eating there.
Dumpling Hunter InstagramSteamed pork bun from Bunn on 32nd street. .Pork and shrimp pan fried dumplings and head on salt and pepper baked shrimp at XO Kitchen, NYC. .Picked up some frozen veggie buns at HMart. .Vegan bao and dumplings at Unit Su Veg. Kung Pao Chicken buns, crystal shrimp dumplings and water cress dumplings. First time trying the water cress dumplings and they were excellent.
- Keep vegetarian dumplings in your freezer for a meal in a pinch September 25, 2021
- World Dumpling Day: 6 delicious dumplings in Cebu September 25, 2021
- Lakers ink $100 million partnership with Korean dumpling brand Bibigo September 21, 2021
- These vegetarian dumplings show just how good canned mushrooms can be September 22, 2021
- Gyoza dumpling vending machines boost business for Japanese firm hit by pandemic September 22, 2021