There has been FDA recall of P.F. Chang’s frozen Home Menu brand Pork and Leek Dumplings due to “the possible presence of undeclared allergens, crustacean shellfish (shrimp) and fish (pollock)”. Its not clear if this is a cross-contamination issue or if P.F. Chang’s is slipping shrimp and pollock into their dumplings so they can scrimp on the pork. The presence of the shellfish in the dumplings is only a food safety concern for people who are allergic to crustaceans. The recall doesn’t affect the dine-in food at the restaurants, only the frozen dumplings in the supermarket. As many of my readers know I begrudgingly don’t dislike the dumplings at P.F. Chang’s, and under some very limited circumstances even recommend eating there.
Dumpling Hunter Instagram
- Where to find Houston's best soup dumplings February 2, 2023
- Frozen Dumpling Market to Grow Significantly by Leading Players 2023 to 2029 January 31, 2023
- Bellevue's viral frozen dumpling brand raises $21M February 1, 2023
- Take a peek inside James Beard Award-winner Irene Li's new dumpling factory and cafe January 26, 2023
- Alexander Wong denies killing dumpling bar owner Yoke Onn ‘Vincent’ Chi February 1, 2023