There has been FDA recall of P.F. Chang’s frozen Home Menu brand Pork and Leek Dumplings due to “the possible presence of undeclared allergens, crustacean shellfish (shrimp) and fish (pollock)”. Its not clear if this is a cross-contamination issue or if P.F. Chang’s is slipping shrimp and pollock into their dumplings so they can scrimp on the pork. The presence of the shellfish in the dumplings is only a food safety concern for people who are allergic to crustaceans. The recall doesn’t affect the dine-in food at the restaurants, only the frozen dumplings in the supermarket. As many of my readers know I begrudgingly don’t dislike the dumplings at P.F. Chang’s, and under some very limited circumstances even recommend eating there.
Dumpling Hunter Instagram
- Starved For The Personal Touch? Dumpling Delivers March 1, 2021
- Simon Wilkinson reviews Dumpling City March 5, 2021
- Zuluzinho vs. Dumpling’s Slapping Duel: A (Retro) Review February 24, 2021
- We’re Open: The Dumpling Cove welcomes customers back to their ‘little paradise’ March 3, 2021
- Popular soup dumpling restaurant Dough Zone to open new Bellevue location this week February 25, 2021