There has been FDA recall of P.F. Chang’s frozen Home Menu brand Pork and Leek Dumplings due to “the possible presence of undeclared allergens, crustacean shellfish (shrimp) and fish (pollock)”. Its not clear if this is a cross-contamination issue or if P.F. Chang’s is slipping shrimp and pollock into their dumplings so they can scrimp on the pork. The presence of the shellfish in the dumplings is only a food safety concern for people who are allergic to crustaceans. The recall doesn’t affect the dine-in food at the restaurants, only the frozen dumplings in the supermarket. As many of my readers know I begrudgingly don’t dislike the dumplings at P.F. Chang’s, and under some very limited circumstances even recommend eating there.
Dumpling Hunter Instagram
- What is a dumpling? The answer is more complicated than you may think September 19, 2022
- Queen's memorial day sparks week-long dumpling celebration September 22, 2022
- Lauren Boebert mocked for hilarious ‘wonton killings” speech blunder: ‘Careful where you dumpling the bodies’ September 14, 2022
- These Easy Dumpling Moulds Will Wipe Hours off Your Prep Time September 12, 2022
- Austin Uzbek restaurant serves divine dumplings September 23, 2022