There has been FDA recall of P.F. Chang’s frozen Home Menu brand Pork and Leek Dumplings due to “the possible presence of undeclared allergens, crustacean shellfish (shrimp) and fish (pollock)”. Its not clear if this is a cross-contamination issue or if P.F. Chang’s is slipping shrimp and pollock into their dumplings so they can scrimp on the pork. The presence of the shellfish in the dumplings is only a food safety concern for people who are allergic to crustaceans. The recall doesn’t affect the dine-in food at the restaurants, only the frozen dumplings in the supermarket. As many of my readers know I begrudgingly don’t dislike the dumplings at P.F. Chang’s, and under some very limited circumstances even recommend eating there.
Dumpling Hunter InstagramSpicy wontons at T Roots.Very tasty giant steamed veggie buns at Dumpling House in Fullerton, CA. And see the last picture, you have been warned.First attempt at air travel since late 2019. Yesterday’s flight was cancelled and today’s delayed by 90 minutes yielding a missed connection and a total delay of 4+ hours so far. .Freezer cabinets full of pierogi at Polish Deli in Westfield MA.
- Ms Phang's Cornmeal Pudding & Fry Dumpling June 23, 2021
- Nostalgia And Flavor: Saturday Dumpling Club Takes Off In Minneapolis June 19, 2021
- Keeping dumpling tradition alive in new ways June 13, 2021
- Little Red Dumpling June 16, 2021
- Former Google worker finds joy in her San Francisco Dumpling Club June 11, 2021