Arvind Mahankali, 13 of Bayside Hills, won the National Spelling Bee by correctly spelling Knaidel, the Yiddish word for dumpling (links, links). However, the YIVO Institute for Jewish Research has challenged the result, arguing the correct spelling is Kneydl. Apparently, Arvind’s win is safe as the Spelling Bee uses the 3rd edition of Webster’s dictionary as the reference spelling guide, and Webster’s has it as Knaidel. With this win Arvind announced he is retiring from competitive spelling to focus on physics.
Dumpling Hunter Instagram
- My Freezer Is Stocked With These Tasty Soup Dumplings 24/7 July 24, 2021
- Chinese home cooking comes to Redondo July 29, 2021
- Athletes Share Inside Look at Dining Halls and Food in the Olympic Village July 29, 2021
- New Dumpling Restaurant Coming To Cupertino July 16, 2021
- Bela Padilla denies rumor about getting married and leaving showbiz July 29, 2021