Arvind Mahankali, 13 of Bayside Hills, won the National Spelling Bee by correctly spelling Knaidel, the Yiddish word for dumpling (links, links). However, the YIVO Institute for Jewish Research has challenged the result, arguing the correct spelling is Kneydl. Apparently, Arvind’s win is safe as the Spelling Bee uses the 3rd edition of Webster’s dictionary as the reference spelling guide, and Webster’s has it as Knaidel. With this win Arvind announced he is retiring from competitive spelling to focus on physics.
Dumpling Hunter InstagramPotato and spinach pierogi served fried in butter and served fried with onions. Plates by Dumpling Hunter.High end looking design for the packaging but none of the promised “Hot and Spicy” flavor. .3 and 5-year aged soy sauce from Korea. Makes an elevated dumpling dipping sauce. .So sad Kajitsu plans to close in 2022 but happy to have the cook book. .
- Steam, Boil, Fry: The Many Ways to Cook a Dumpling, Explained April 11, 2021
- How to Fold Dumplings, For Novices and Experts April 10, 2021
- Brooklyn Dumpling Shop Signs Eight-Unit Franchise Deal for New Jersey March 31, 2021
- Dining out in Dumpling Inn April 5, 2021
- Watch: YouTuber visits Shady Maple, two other local eateries; here's what he thought April 9, 2021