Arvind Mahankali, 13 of Bayside Hills, won the National Spelling Bee by correctly spelling Knaidel, the Yiddish word for dumpling (links, links). However, the YIVO Institute for Jewish Research has challenged the result, arguing the correct spelling is Kneydl. Apparently, Arvind’s win is safe as the Spelling Bee uses the 3rd edition of Webster’s dictionary as the reference spelling guide, and Webster’s has it as Knaidel. With this win Arvind announced he is retiring from competitive spelling to focus on physics.
Dumpling Hunter Instagram
- Teacher goes viral for adorable ‘dumpling song’ she sings with her students May 19, 2022
- It’s rice dumpling season again – here’s a list of where to get the best in Singapore May 23, 2022
- Dumpling Making Machine Market Size 2022 Growth Prospects, Top Key Players, Share, SWOT Analysis, CAGR Status, Dynamics and Forecast to 2028 May 20, 2022
- Swensen's S'pore releases 'bak zhang' cake with pulut hitam ice cream & salted egg chocolate May 24, 2022
- I Tried the Dewy Dumpling Lip Technique That's All Over Instagram May 19, 2022