Dammit, Friday the 8th was National Empanada Day and I missed it. Despite some disagreement from readers, I have maintained that empanadas (and related products – Pasty, Piroshkies, and Samosas) are a form of dumpling worthy of hunting. Empanadas have been with us for a long time, a cookbook published in 1520 in Catalan, the Libre del Coch by Ruperto de Nola, mentions empanadas filled with seafood. It is unclear who originally created or sanctioned National Empanada Day, but the web is crowded with stories about the Best or Top empanada; NJ.Com posted an article on the ten best Empanadas in NJ. On of my favorites in NYC is Nuchus Empanadas.
Dumpling Hunter Instagram
- Inside Orange County’s Highly Anticipated New Dumpling and Ramen Destinations July 30, 2021
- My Freezer Is Stocked With These Tasty Soup Dumplings 24/7 July 24, 2021
- Manhattan restaurant owner blasts Cuomo's restaurant tax credit July 29, 2021
- Chinese home cooking comes to Redondo July 29, 2021
- Dumpling Haus receives Small Business Boost from Texans & Amegy Bank July 18, 2021