Dammit, Friday the 8th was National Empanada Day and I missed it. Despite some disagreement from readers, I have maintained that empanadas (and related products – Pasty, Piroshkies, and Samosas) are a form of dumpling worthy of hunting. Empanadas have been with us for a long time, a cookbook published in 1520 in Catalan, the Libre del Coch by Ruperto de Nola, mentions empanadas filled with seafood. It is unclear who originally created or sanctioned National Empanada Day, but the web is crowded with stories about the Best or Top empanada; NJ.Com posted an article on the ten best Empanadas in NJ. On of my favorites in NYC is Nuchus Empanadas.
Dumpling Hunter Instagram
- What is a dumpling? The answer is more complicated than you may think September 19, 2022
- Queen's memorial day sparks week-long dumpling celebration September 22, 2022
- Lauren Boebert mocked for hilarious ‘wonton killings” speech blunder: ‘Careful where you dumpling the bodies’ September 14, 2022
- These Easy Dumpling Moulds Will Wipe Hours off Your Prep Time September 12, 2022
- Austin Uzbek restaurant serves divine dumplings September 23, 2022