Dammit, Friday the 8th was National Empanada Day and I missed it. Despite some disagreement from readers, I have maintained that empanadas (and related products – Pasty, Piroshkies, and Samosas) are a form of dumpling worthy of hunting. Empanadas have been with us for a long time, a cookbook published in 1520 in Catalan, the Libre del Coch by Ruperto de Nola, mentions empanadas filled with seafood. It is unclear who originally created or sanctioned National Empanada Day, but the web is crowded with stories about the Best or Top empanada; NJ.Com posted an article on the ten best Empanadas in NJ. On of my favorites in NYC is Nuchus Empanadas.
- Dumpling is a new alternative for Uber and Lyft drivers September 20, 2020
- 9 kitchens come together for National Dumpling Day — and North Philly Peace Park September 23, 2020
- 7 Of The Most Drool-Worthy Dumpling Places In Calgary To Stuff Your Face On Cold Days September 29, 2020
- Two dudes who love dumplings — and each other — open new Houston dumpling-making biz September 22, 2020
- Enjoy a Free Bottle of Dipping Sauce on National Dumpling Day September 25, 2020