The Lunar New year is Friday the 31st and traditionally New Year’s eve celebrations involve making dumplings. Eating dumplings for the New Year is thought to bring good fortune – the shape of the dumpling is said to resemble that of ancient gold ingots, to represent prosperity. The Washington Post just ran a story, how-to video and a photo gallery on one family’s preparations for Korean New Year celebrations. They make 600 deep fried dumplings for 60 guests – both meat and vegetarian style. The traditional Korean New Year meal is duk mandu guk, a soup of simmered meat-filled dumplings and glutinous rice cakes.
Dumpling Hunter Instagram
- Inside Orange County’s Highly Anticipated New Dumpling and Ramen Destinations July 30, 2021
- My Freezer Is Stocked With These Tasty Soup Dumplings 24/7 July 24, 2021
- Manhattan restaurant owner blasts Cuomo's restaurant tax credit July 29, 2021
- Chinese home cooking comes to Redondo July 29, 2021
- Dumpling Haus receives Small Business Boost from Texans & Amegy Bank July 18, 2021