The Lunar New year is Friday the 31st and traditionally New Year’s eve celebrations involve making dumplings. Eating dumplings for the New Year is thought to bring good fortune – the shape of the dumpling is said to resemble that of ancient gold ingots, to represent prosperity. The Washington Post just ran a story, how-to video and a photo gallery on one family’s preparations for Korean New Year celebrations. They make 600 deep fried dumplings for 60 guests – both meat and vegetarian style. The traditional Korean New Year meal is duk mandu guk, a soup of simmered meat-filled dumplings and glutinous rice cakes.
Dumpling Hunter Instagram
- How to make cheeseburger dumplings with the Dumpling Mafia January 16, 2023
- 16 Delectable Dumpling Destinations in Portland and Beyond January 27, 2023
- Celebrating the Lunar New Year with Dumpling Daughter January 24, 2023
- Take a peek inside James Beard Award-winner Irene Li's new dumpling factory and cafe January 25, 2023
- Wood Dumpling Mold Mould Stainless Steel Dough Presser Maker Cutter Tools Set Kit Ravioli January 28, 2023