The Lunar New year is Friday the 31st and traditionally New Year’s eve celebrations involve making dumplings. Eating dumplings for the New Year is thought to bring good fortune – the shape of the dumpling is said to resemble that of ancient gold ingots, to represent prosperity. The Washington Post just ran a story, how-to video and a photo gallery on one family’s preparations for Korean New Year celebrations. They make 600 deep fried dumplings for 60 guests – both meat and vegetarian style. The traditional Korean New Year meal is duk mandu guk, a soup of simmered meat-filled dumplings and glutinous rice cakes.
Dumpling Hunter Instagram
- Popular dumpling chains Din Tai Fung and Lotus collapse after 'wage theft' scandal and Covid crisis January 21, 2021
- Popular dumpling chain Din Tai Fung collapses after suffering huge losses due to the coronavirus shutdown and a 'wage theft' scandal January 21, 2021
- A First Look at Brooklyn Dumpling Shop’s Automat January 20, 2021
- Martha Stewart’s Chicken & Dumpling Recipe is Serious Food for Your Soul January 11, 2021
- A Freaking Dumpling Is A New Charity Initiative Supporting Feeding Hong Kong January 18, 2021