Singapore’s Ministry of Culture, Community and Youth shared a graphic to its Facebook feed showing the six types of popular Zong Zi (rice dumplings) from various dialect and ethnic groups in Singapore. Zong Zi are made of glutinous rice stuffed with a variety of fillings and wrapped in bamboo leaves, or other large flat leaves, and are cooked via steaming or boiling. In the U.S. you will see them on Chinese menus listed as sticky rice dumplings or steamed sticky rice with Chinese Sausage. Zong Zi are most commonly eaten during the Duanwu Festival, or Dumpling Festival or Dragon Boat Festival, which occurs on the fifth day of the fifth month of the Chinese lunar calendar, but this dish was also a form of “fast food” for many farmers working in the fields (much like the Pasty for Cornish miners). These rice dumplings can range from sweet and desert like with red bean filling, to savory and salty with pork belly and salted duck egg filling, to spicy and numbing with Sichuan peppercorn, chili powder, and preserved pork filling.
Dumpling Hunter InstagramPork wontons in chili oil at Dim Sum House by Jane G.Deep fried Golden Pouches filled with crab and shrimp on sweet chili sauce and portobello and leek dumplings over house balsamic vinaigrette over crispy Romaine lettuce at Corey’s Crafty Vietnamese. .Steamed pork dumplings at Koreana Rittenhouse Square. .Dirty rice shumai at Unit Su Vege. .
- Where to find sheng jian bao, the best of all dumplings November 21, 2022
- Dumpling Food Machinery Market: Global Industry Trends and Opportunities, Demand, Observational Studies by Top Companies, And Forecast To 2029 November 17, 2022
- Dumpling Food Machinery Market Share 2023 Regional Development, Major Manufacturers, Emerging Trends, Growth Opportunities and Forecast to 2029 November 15, 2022
- Sunday: Young Mother dumpling pop-up and "The Big Brunch" viewing party November 23, 2022
- A 'zero human interaction' dumpling franchise from NYC is opening in Vancouver November 21, 2022