I ran across Nitemrkt’s dumping-tastic rap video “Bag the Bao” on Eater. Nitemrkt raps in Mandarin, Cantonese and English and the video, features crave inducing imagery of sheng jian bao, barbecue pork buns, soup dumplings, Sesame balls and stuffed breads. Eater explains that Nitemrkt uses bao “as both imagery and metaphor for staying on the grind, accumulating wealth, moving on up in the world”. Nitemrkt says the song is a tribute to confidence and culture. “It’s a twist on the idea of ‘secure the bag’ or ‘get the bag,’ updated for a 2019 global Asian audience”. The rap is pretty catchy but the video takes it to 11.
Dumpling Hunter Instagram
- Hands-free NYC dumpling shop is literally giving away the store August 6, 2020
- How to make Chinese chicken dumplings with ginger – an easy recipe to follow at home July 30, 2020
- 6 Smart Pivots Inspired by the Pandemic August 6, 2020
- Miss Chow's launches frozen dumpling range August 5, 2020
- This Bao Dumpling Face Mask Is Beyond Adorable July 29, 2020