I previously reviewed HMart’s Kimchi Big Gyoza Dumplings frozen dumplings aka Hansang Kimchi Gyoza and gave them five stars – they are delicious. I recently tried another of the Big Gyoza Dumpling line of products, the Vegetable version. Unlike the Kimchi ones, these are vegan and contain tofu, leak, cabbage, onion, vermicelli, spring onion, and garlic. I am giving these dumplings 3 out of 5 stars because, while the Kimchi ones had a big bold, complex flavor, the vegetable ones were good but had a much milder flavor. There was a distinct sweet onion flavor over a savory umami background taste, but the flavor was really one note. I tried these with Master Brand Hot Dumpling Sauce, which was not spicy at all and significantly sweeter than I like. I prefer a stronger shot of rice vinegar tartness in my dumpling dipping sauce than Master Brand sauce delivers.
Dumpling Hunter Instagram
- Martha Stewart’s Chicken & Dumpling Recipe is Serious Food for Your Soul January 11, 2021
- Watch: Cha Eun Woo Bewilders Hwang In Yeob By Repeatedly Cracking Up While Filming “True Beauty” Dumpling Battle Scene January 15, 2021
- Cooking with Colm O'Gorman: Chicken and dumpling sujebi January 14, 2021
- Pretty sweet: J-Petal's lovely Japanese crepes sweeten up State Street January 17, 2021
- Lucky Dumpling encourages continued community support upon limited opening January 8, 2021