GrubStreet is reporting that two of DumplingHunter’s favorite izakaya, Sake Bar Hagi and Iroha both housed in the same building on 49th street, are closing this coming weekend. The review of Hagi is here and the review of Iroha is here. I loved the house made pork gyoza at Hagi, as well as their broiled, dried skate wing. These two places produced some of the best food in the Times Square area; in my view, if you had to do afterwork drinks with colleagues or a business meet-up near Times Square (no other reason to be in Times Square) these were the go-to places. After about 5:30 at night Hagi always had a line out the door, I imagine for the remaining few days of business the line will be crazy. Thankfully there is a sister Saki Bar Hagi on 46th street in Hell’s Kitchen.
Dumpling Hunter Instagram
- A Requiem For Boston’s Gourmet Dumpling House June 29, 2022
- ‘A meal that possibly saved my life’: 10 memories of Gourmet Dumpling House June 30, 2022
- Wildly popular Dumpling Hours restaurant opens in Brentwood June 24, 2022
- How the Dumpling Dudez are giving back during Pride Month June 30, 2022
- Popular Taiwanese dumpling house sets up shop in City of Industry July 1, 2022