The folks at Quartz posted a great article and video about an expat, Siyi Chen, from Shanghai hunting for Xiao Long Bao in NYC. Chen hit eight dumplings houses with highly rated online reviews – Joe’s Shanghai, Taste of Shanghai, Nan Xiang Dumpling House, Yaso Tangbao, 21 Shanghai House, Yu Garden Dumpling House, Shanghai Asian House, and The Bao – with The Bao getting the top review in Chen’s tour. I also really enjoyed The Bao, although I think the Pork and Kimchi soup dumpling at La Salle Dumpling Room is my new favorite. I recently tried to introduce a friend to the wonders of soup dumplings and took him to Oriental Flavor in Amherst MA where I had been served some really good dumplings on prior visits. Unfortunately this time the dumplings were a complete fail, so over steamed that the wrappers were ruptured and disintegrating in the steamer.
Dumpling Hunter InstagramDeep fried pork dumpling balls at Ratchada Thai & Laos Cuisine. Basically a meatball of seasoned pork with a wonton wrapper wrapped around it and shaped into a sphere, which has been deep fried. Delish. .Steamed pork bun from Bunn on 32nd street. .Pork and shrimp pan fried dumplings and head on salt and pepper baked shrimp at XO Kitchen, NYC. .Picked up some frozen veggie buns at HMart. .
- Keep vegetarian dumplings in your freezer for a meal in a pinch September 25, 2021
- World Dumpling Day: 6 delicious dumplings in Cebu September 25, 2021
- Lakers ink $100 million partnership with Korean dumpling brand Bibigo September 21, 2021
- These vegetarian dumplings show just how good canned mushrooms can be September 22, 2021
- Gyoza dumpling vending machines boost business for Japanese firm hit by pandemic September 22, 2021