The Lunar New year is Friday the 31st and traditionally New Year’s eve celebrations involve making dumplings. Eating dumplings for the New Year is thought to bring good fortune – the shape of the dumpling is said to resemble that of ancient gold ingots, to represent prosperity. The Washington Post just ran a story, how-to video and a photo gallery on one family’s preparations for Korean New Year celebrations. They make 600 deep fried dumplings for 60 guests – both meat and vegetarian style. The traditional Korean New Year meal is duk mandu guk, a soup of simmered meat-filled dumplings and glutinous rice cakes.
Dumpling Hunter InstagramDeep fried pork dumpling balls at Ratchada Thai & Laos Cuisine. Basically a meatball of seasoned pork with a wonton wrapper wrapped around it and shaped into a sphere, which has been deep fried. Delish. .Steamed pork bun from Bunn on 32nd street. .Pork and shrimp pan fried dumplings and head on salt and pepper baked shrimp at XO Kitchen, NYC. .Picked up some frozen veggie buns at HMart. .
- Keep vegetarian dumplings in your freezer for a meal in a pinch September 25, 2021
- World Dumpling Day: 6 delicious dumplings in Cebu September 25, 2021
- Lakers ink $100 million partnership with Korean dumpling brand Bibigo September 21, 2021
- These vegetarian dumplings show just how good canned mushrooms can be September 22, 2021
- Gyoza dumpling vending machines boost business for Japanese firm hit by pandemic September 22, 2021