Bunch, the steamed bun take out kiosk located at Food Gallery 32 (on 32nd Street in New York’s Korea Town & reviewed here), has a new name, Bunn, and a slightly altered menu. Bunch has become one of my go-to spots for a snack in midtown, they serve large, excellent, steamed buns. With the re-branding they have add Gua Bao to the menu and a bacon and kimchi steamed bun. Gua Bao are essentially braised pork and slaw sandwiches that use steamed Chinese white bread as the bun. While it sounds like the bread might be heavy and soggy, when done well, it actually comes out as a light, fluffy bread. Bunn serves a spicy, braised pork that is delicious. They have also instituted a frequent eater loyalty program, after 5 orders you get a free one.
Dumpling Hunter Instagram
- Travel to Hong Kong with chef May Chow’s dumpling recipe October 22, 2020
- Named one of the country’s best new restaurants, this Durham dumpling shop is expanding | Raleigh News & Observer October 28, 2020
- Phat Dumpling pop-ups offer fresh, juicy dumplings to order and prepare at home October 23, 2020
- Introducing TRAY DineSafe: Contactless Software Suite for Post-COVID Dining Launches with New York Restaurant Franchise October 28, 2020
- Chef Trevor Moran's 12South dumpling restaurant opening Thursday October 27, 2020